Condo leveled by propane gas leak in Yarmouth; one dead

Posted Wednesday, June 26, 2013 in News

Condo leveled by propane gas leak in Yarmouth; one dead

YARMOUTH -- One man was killed and a dozen left temporarily homeless by a home explosion that was heard and felt many miles away.

Police say that the blast occurred around 6:15 Tuesday morning at 50 Gables Drive, and leveled not only that residence, but a residence next door.  The other resident was not at home at the time. Two other residents and one firefighter sustained minor injuries.

Neighbors say that the deceased man was Peter Corey, age 66.  Corey lived alone, and according to neighbors, was severely disabled.

Ten other condos were damaged in the explosion.  Police said that despite the massive explosion, there was no fire.

A similar explosion caused the death of a woman in Bath earlier this year.

blog comments powered by Disqus